Nov 16, 2012

Oatmeal

This morning I woke up wanting a bowl of oatmeal. I love oatmeal, and I always keep in our pantry a box of instant oatmeal as well as the old fashioned one.
 

One of the most pleasant memories of my childhood is watching my mother as she cooked oatmeal the old fashion way. She prepared it with milk and lemon peel and cinnamon sticks which she would then remove after the oatmeal was done.

I know how to prepare oatmeal the way my mother taught me, but today there are so many varieties with different flavors of instant oatmeal that occasionally I just prepare an envelope in the microwave. I like to garnish it with raisins and cranberries.

Whatever way you prepare this cereal, you will find it delicious and it also helps lower cholesterol.
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment