Nov 14, 2012

Stuffing - Hassle-Free Thanksgiving Meal

Stuffing is one of our favorite side-dishes at our table on Thanksgiving. I make my stuffing with ground beef. One of the reasons that I use ground beef is that I think it adds texture and flavor. Also, since there are people who don’t like turkey, at least they could get some protein from the stuffing.


There are so many varieties of stuffing recipes, and each cook adds his or her special touch. Some people add vegetables, others add sausages and so forth; there’s no limit as to the possibilities to make a good stuffing.

I usually don’t like to stuff the bird, and so I cook my stuffing in a saucepan over the stove. I keep it tightly covered and warm in the oven until ready to serve.

Thanksgiving Menu
Turkey/Ham
Gravy
Green beans casserole
Stuffing
Candied Yams (make ahead of time
Cranberry sauce (make ahead of time)
Apple pie (make ahead of time)
Fruit punch (make ahead of time)

Here's my take on stuffing for a hassle-free Thanksgiving meal.

Ingredients
1-2 lbs. lean ground beef
2 boxes of cornbread stuffing (you may use any flavor you like)
1 chicken flavor bouillon
1 medium onion
½ red and green peppers
1 garlic clove
1 bunch of cilantro
2 carrots (optional)
2 or 3 celery stalks (optional)
Water

Instructions
Chop vegetables and set aside.
In a saucepan brown ground beef; add 1 cup of water and cook until water evaporates
Add bouillon
Add chopped vegetables
Add (1 cup of water or vegetable stock if using one box of stuffing mix, or 2 cups if using two boxes) and bring to a quick boil
Add stuffing mix; cover
Remove from heat and let it rest for about 7 minutes
Fluff with fork

Yields 6-7

4 comments:

  1. This is a very different recipe and I think my family would like it. Love that dish! I'd like to have it in a couple of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra. Bought this dish at QVC a while back and I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this for thanksgiving and it was a big hit! its super easy and quick to make and tastes great! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, I am glad that it came out good. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete