Dec 27, 2012
Monster Truck Cake
To attach the trucks to the cake I forced a piece of Styrofoam below the frame, and then adjusted it with toothpicks. By putting the Styrofoam, this also prevents the wheels from touching the cake.
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour (sifted)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 box of instant vanilla pudding
1 ½ cups water or milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 ˚ F
2. Grease and flour three 9-inch pans.
3. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy
4. Meanwhile, combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Set aside.
5. Combine water or milk and vanilla. Set aside.
6. After butter and sugar are creamed, add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
7. Add the flour mixture and liquid mixture alternating. Beginning with flour and ending with flour.
Pour into molds and bake for 25-30 minutes
Here is the recipe for the frosting. Cover cake with a thin film of frosting to cover crumbs. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Then cover with fondant.
After cake has been covered with fondant, attach orange flames-like cut outs, pipe border, and then attach toys.