There are many different ways of cooking spaghetti squash. Some people roast them whole; others cut them lengthwise with cut side placed down on a baking sheet with about ½” of water. Others make them in the microwave—although I've never tried with the microwave, they say it works. Bu if you are going to microwave it, you would probably need to poke them through first so the air could circulate; or else it would probably explode in the microwave.
Spaghetti squash is so delicious. I even roasted the seeds and ate them.
1 small-medium spaghetti squash
Onions, chopped (optional)
Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
- Place squash in a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour (turn constantly to avoid burning the skin.)
- Let it cool. With a sharp knife cut lengthwise. Remove seeds.
- In a large skillet heat butter, add onions and sauté until onions are tender and transparent.
- With a fork scrape the squash into the skillet.
- Turn until all is well buttered.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.