2 tablespoon olive oil
½ medium onions (chopped)
1 green bell pepper (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 zucchinis (cut in medium cubes)
1 jalapeno pepper (chopped)
2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 can black beans (drained, rinsed)
1 can kidney beans (drained, rinsed)
1 can pinto beans (drained, rinsed)
2 cans stewed tomatoes (do not drain)
1 can of tomato sauce
½ bunch of parleys (chopped)
½ bunch of cilantro (chopped)
Salt & pepper (to taste)
This chili was made in a crock pot. You might make it over the stove too.
- Turn your crock pot to on. Let it warm up while you prepare the vegetables.
- In a skillet, bring to medium heat the olive oil.
- Add onions, peppers, garlic and zucchinis. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer to the crock pot (already warmed) and simmer 3-4 hours or as long as you would like it to be. If you want the chili soupy simmer for less time but if you want it thick then let it simmer longer.
- Garnish with grated Cheddar or scallions.
NOTE: If you are not using a crock pot, follow steps 1-4 and transfer to a big pot. Simmer 45 minutes to an hour, or until desired thickness is achieved.